1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments on Profile Post by Jamie Fluke

1. Marcus Jensen
    Marcus Jensen
    You're not the only one
    Sep 1, 2016
  2. Jamie Fluke
    Jamie Fluke
    Yeah you've had a rough time of it lately. The annoying thing is, every time I think I've found a solution to it, the connection drops maybe half an hour later. It took until 2am to find what should solve mine, it was a small setting that was changed when I went from Win7 to Win10. Hopefully it holds out because I know its not my ISP on this one.
    Sep 1, 2016
    Oscar Mangan likes this.
  3. Oscar Mangan
    Oscar Mangan
    Was it a power management setting? I had the EXACT same kind of problem. Connection would drop randomly, DNS error, Event ID 1014 in Event Viewer, only started after most recent Windows update. I went into Device Manager > Network Adapter > Properties > Power Management and unchecked Windows being allowed to turn it off to save power. Haven't had a problem since.
    Sep 1, 2016
  4. Jamie Fluke
    Jamie Fluke
    that was the exact thing I changed last night... wasn't the issue as it happened again today. I run a powerline adapter just with where I am in the house relative to my router. I think I have it diagnosed that sometimes I need to put one of them into a different socket to sort it. Either way, since I've changed that I've been fine :)
    Sep 1, 2016
  5. Oscar Mangan
    Oscar Mangan
    I use a powerline adapter too lol. Hasn't happened to me since Monday. Hopefully it's fixed for you. If not you should update drivers for your Network Adapter.

Windows 10 tho, what a POS.
    Sep 1, 2016
  6. Jamie Fluke
    Jamie Fluke
    trust me, anything you can think of I've probably given it a go. At the time of writing the issue has not arisen since I changed the socket so I'm hoping that's it grand for now
    Sep 2, 2016